Beekeeping Taster Days
Ideal for those interested in honeybees or thinking of taking up the hobby. This session is led by a qualified teacher with enhanced DBS check and over 10 years of beekeeping experience.
What will be covered:
- Basic biology of the honey bee.
- The parts of the modern beehive and the different types of hive.
- Equipment and gadgets.
- Basics of bee diseases and pests.
- The commitment of effort and cost of being a beekeeper.
- Knowing what beekeepers do.
- Support available and responsibilities of the beekeeper.
- Management of the bees throughout the year.
What you need to bring:
- Long sleeved top (not woollen) and long trousers (a veil and gloves will be provided)
- Wellington boots are ideal, but any ankle high boot would suffice.
- Notebook and pen
4hour session - £25 including Soup and a Sandwich.